If you are a graduate or undergraduate African-American student pursuing a degree in political science, public administration, public policy, community development, urban development, public health or a degree leading to a career in public service, the Southern Piedmont Chapter of NFBPA invites you to apply for the Harry L. Jones, Sr. Marks of Excellence Scholarship. All Harry L. Jones, Sr. Marks of Excellence Scholars will receive a scholarship in the amount of $1,000 for one year. The Southern Piedmont Chapter will award the scholarship based on essays responses.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a degree in political science, public administration, public policy, community development, urban development, public health or a degree leading to a career in public service. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal and analytical abilities. Strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
Required Application Documents:
- Application. Applicants should complete all information on the scholarship application.
- Include an Official Transcript
- Copy of student ID, driver’s license or state ID as proof of identity
- Provide a Resume
- 1-2 page Bio statement detailing your personal history, academic and career goals, and why you deserve this scholarship)
- 2-4 page essay, on the following topic: What Does Public Administration mean to you as an African American and what
Please note the deadline for submitting scholarship applications is July 20, 2012.
Click below to download an application:
Submitting Your Application: Please mail your required documentation to:
NFBPA Southern Piedmont Chapter
Attention: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 35545
Charlotte, NC 28235