Do you know any young people between the ages of 12 to 24 who dream of starting their own business?
Andrew Morrison, founder of Small Business Camp – an entrepreneurial training and marketing services firm, will be hosting a 2-week camp that will give young people the tools and resources to launch a for-profit or non-profit business. Previously he built a multi-million dollar company by providing innovative direct marketing services to Fortune 500 companies. He was featured in the Wall Street Journal, Entrepreneur Magazine, The Network Journal and Crain’s Magazine 40 Under 40 and Advertising Age. He also appeared as a “Young Millionaire” on the Oprah Winfrey Show.
In the camp, students will learn:
- How to manage your emotions as you build a business
- Read the news for opportunity
- Selecting the right product to sell – book, CD, t-shirt, DVD
- Creating a website for free
- Accepting payments online
- Write a book in a weekend
- Legal issues that impacts small business owners
- Developing a conversation about your product with Social Media
- The power of video
- Attracting investors with a 2-page document
- Selling on Ebay
- The basics of financial statements
- Investing in the stock market
- Time management strategies that work
- Building your brand with a celebrity
- Giving back to the community by partnering with a non-profit
- Mobile applications – the next big thing!
Dates: Monday, July 23rd to Friday, August 3rd
Time: 2pm – 4pm EST