If you or someone you know is looking for a career with an established company, please apply for these opportunities with Progressive. They are specifically interested in hiring African-American talent, so please take advantage or spread the word!
Here are links to the job opportunities:
Claims Adjuster (Yonkers) -
Claims Adjuster (New Hyde Park) -
Legal Assistant (New Hyde Park) -
Claims Adjuster Trainee (Yonkers) -
Claims Adjuster Trainee (Malone) -
Please share the information with friends and family who are currently seeking employment.
*Information provided by HBCUconnect.com
Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC)
Position: Job Developer
Celebrating 33 years of service to the Washington Heights/Inwood community, Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC) seeks experienced Job Developer to join its Employment Services and Placement Program in our Workforce Development Department.
Duties include working closely with the project’s case manager and job readiness instructor to achieve program outcomes.
- assessing participants’ employability and tracking their progress in obtaining employment by submitting case notes documenting participants’ attitudes towards employment, ability to attend interviews and outcomes of employment efforts
- helping participants develop or update their resumes
- sending participants on job interviews
- developing linkages with companies throughout New York City that have appropriate job openings
- developing permanent jobs for public assistance recipients and other low-income job seekers in employment and job training programs
- working with other the job development staff to develop and share job leads.
- Bachelors degree with two or more years of job development and placement experience with hard-to-serve populations; an Associate degree will be considered with significant years of job development experience in a workforce development department
- active job bank with a variety of entry-level and skilled positions
- bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- excellent communication and presentation skills
- computer proficiency
- flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- strong time management and organizational skills.
All full-time positions at Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation are competitive in salary and complemented with four weeks vacation, 14 holidays, Health, Life and Dental insurance, Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Employer Contribution 401(k) and other generous time-off benefits.
Please send resume/cover (with position in subject line) to
Human Resources Director
76 Wadsworth Avenue
NY, NY 10033
NMIC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. For other available positions at NMIC go to www.nmic.org.
Are you or someone you know seeking immediate employment?
Penda Aiken Inc. call center is looking for representatives for IMMEDIATE HIRE!
Location: Long Island City, NY
- 2 years recent exerience
- 40 WPM (words per minute) typing
- Computer literacy required
- Bilingual a plus! (Russian, Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, French-Creole, Spanish)
IF INTERESTED, SEND YOUR RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org !
Celebrating over 30 years of nonprofit service to the Washington Heights/Inwood Community, Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation seeks a qualified YAIP PROGRAM ASSISTANT for their Young Adult Internship Program in their Workforce Development Department.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years experience are required (degree requirement will be reconsidered with prior experience in workforce development and/or disconnected young adult programs)
- Experience working with urban young adults (ages 17-24) is strongly preferred
- Superb attention to details and work accuracy, excellent written and verbal communication skills, high level of organizational skills required
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office applications and internet
- Bilingual Spanish/English is required
Duties associated with the position include:
- Performing street outreach, flyering and presentations at businesses, community-based organizations and religious institutions
- Ensure adequate supply of program flyers and forms
- Perform initial intakes with new applicants
- Assist with the gathering of timesheets from worksites
- Responding to telephone inquiries
- Entering new applications into online system with complete accuracy
- Attending program/staff meetings
All full-time positions are competitive in salary and complemented with four weeks of paid vacation, health, life and dental insurance, long term disability, employee assistance program, employer contribution 401(k) and other generous time-off benefits.
To apply, send resume/cover letter (with position in subject line) to EMPLOYMENT@NMIC.ORG. NMIC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
For more available positions at Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation go to http://www.nmic.org.
Oxeon Partners is looking for an executive assistant!
Oxeon Partners is an investment and retained executive search firm that specializes in investing in and then building management teams for leading healthcare technology and service companies.
Oxeon is looking for an executive assistant to join their team and report directly to the Managing Partner, Trevor Price. At its core, Oxeon is a team-based environment and, as such, you will work with a group of fun and smart professionals.
This position affords you an opportunity to develop your business acumen and expedite your growth as a professional within an enormous industry that is under massive transformation. This will include substantial time with all staff at the firm, including direct and regular work with Oxeon leadership. This should prove invaluable to your career growth.
Oxeon Partners knows this may be one of your first jobs post-college, so they want you to love it. OP wants you to feel excited to come to work on a Monday; not to resent the hard work you’re doing.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Some relevant experience preferred
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Fanatical attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, proactively take initiative, and engage with your work
- Flexibility and an ability to multitask and prioritize
- Solid MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills as well as fluency with Macintosh devices
- An outgoing nature coupled with the ability to contribute to a stream of lively banter; you should know when to both take and give a good jab
- Positive thinking and attitude coupled with an interest in healthcare and enthusiasm for their work is preferred!
- Oxeon will bring you exposure to arguably the single-most important as well as the largest industry in the United States—healthcare.
How to apply:
If you feel you fit this profile—and are ready to go in and make an impact—toss Oxeon Partners a line. They’d love an email letting them know why you’re interested in Oxeon as well as an attached resume. (Send it as a PDF) Contact Laura Westerhold, email@example.com.