Barrier Free Living
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. Through its various programs, BFL provides a broad range of residential and non-residential services to disabled survivors of domestic violence, transitional shelter to the disabled homeless, and outreach to physically disabled individuals with mental health and/or chemical addiction issues. Services include case management; housing placements; independent living skills training; occupational therapy; short- and long-term individual counseling; advocacy within the medical, mental health, child welfare, law enforcement, and criminal justice systems; and referrals to outside services.
Position: Security/Reception (Per Diem)
The Reception/Security Per Diem team member reports to the Facility Manager
- Greet all visitors and direct them to the appropriate party
- Search the bags of all persons entering and leaving the facility
- Provides appropriate information to people (consumers, colleagues, third-parties) needed to gain or give services, in a courteous, professional manner.
- Answers phone with courtesy; guides callers to appropriate party; offers appropriate information over the phone and ends all calls per customer service manual guidelines
- Maintain all agency materials (brochures, informational flyers) in a visible position and stocked for visitors and staff at all times
- Working knowledge of the fire systems and a certificate of fitness
- Working knowledge of all the emergency service information and be able to direct the emergency personnel in a professional manner.
- Make hourly checks of the facility to ensure the safety of residents and staff
- Maintain a daily log
- Respond to and deescalate incidents
- Receive and log packages
- Monitor activity in the facility via camera system
- Have basic knowledge of computers
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
Please visit BFL’s website at http://www.bflnyc.org/about-us/employment/
Click the appropriate link on the page and enter your information online.