If you are a graduate or undergraduate African-American student pursuing a degree in political science, public administration, public policy, community development, urban development, public health or a degree leading to a career in public service, the Southern Piedmont Chapter of NFBPA invites you to apply for the Harry L. Jones, Sr. Marks of Excellence Scholarship. All Harry L. Jones, Sr. Marks of Excellence Scholars will receive a scholarship in the amount of $1,000 for one year. The Southern Piedmont Chapter will award the scholarship based on essays responses.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a degree in political science, public administration, public policy, community development, urban development, public health or a degree leading to a career in public service. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal and analytical abilities. Strong oral and written communication skills are a must.
Required Application Documents:
- Application. Applicants should complete all information on the scholarship application.
- Include an Official Transcript
- Copy of student ID, driver’s license or state ID as proof of identity
- Provide a Resume
- 1-2 page Bio statement detailing your personal history, academic and career goals, and why you deserve this scholarship)
- 2-4 page essay, on the following topic: What Does Public Administration mean to you as an African American and what
Please note the deadline for submitting scholarship applications is July 20, 2012.
Click below to download an application:
Submitting Your Application: Please mail your required documentation to:
NFBPA Southern Piedmont Chapter
Attention: Scholarship Committee
PO Box 35545
Charlotte, NC 28235
Platt Family Scholarship Prize Essay Contest
1st Prize: $1500 2nd Prize: $750 3rd Prize: $500
DEADLINE: JULY 31, 2012
2012 marks the 150th anniversary of the preliminary Emancipation Proclamation. In light of the complicated path he pursued to reach this milestone, does Lincoln really deserve his reputation as the Great Emancipator?
The scholarship essay contest is designed for students who are FULL TIME, undergraduate students in an AMERICAN COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY during the Spring 2012 semester. You do not have to be an American citizen, but you do need to be attending an AMERICAN COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY during the eligibility period. It is NOT open to high school students. Key question to consider; when one contacts your college or university registrar will they be able to confirm that you were enrolled as a full-time college student during the spring 2012 semester? If the answer is no, you are not eligible.
- Entries must contain a minimum of 1,500 and a maximum of 5,000 words.
- Essays may be submitted via regular mail (postmarked by July 31, 2012) or via e-mail (time stamped before midnight PST July 31, 2012) to the address below.
- The essay must be typed and include a works-cited page or bibliography. End notes are suggested but not required.
- There is no application form for the contest. The essay and your contact information serves as your application.
- Applicants must include the name of their college or university with their entire and all contact information (regular and email address) must be put on the essay proper.
- The essay can be sent via email ( e-mail: email@example.com) or regular mail to the address below.Don McCue, curator of The Lincoln Shrine in Redlands, California serves as coordinator of the Essay Contest.
If the above information does not answer your question please contact:
- Don McCue, Curator — Lincoln Memorial Shrine
- Address: 125 W. Vine St, Redlands, CA 92373
- Phone: (909) 798-7632
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The School Pride Scholarship is available to high school seniors and full-time undergraduate students. To be considered, you must submit an essay explaining what your school has to offer that you can’t find anywhere else. You must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to be eligible for this award. Essays must be posted on a blog.
Scholarship/Grant Amount: $1,000
Scholarship/Grant Deadline: May 11th, 2012
Award Type: Scholarship Money
Scholarship/Grant Site: (copy and paste into your URL browser) http://www.centurylinkquote.com/scholarship