Resident Aide Per Diem Position Available
Position: Resident Aide (Per Diem)
Barrier Free Living is seeking a Resident Aide, Per Diem, available to work overnight, weekend and/or holiday shifts. YOU MUST HAVE A NY STATE DRIVER’S LICENSE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
The Resident Aide reports to the Shift Supervisor and is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of a secure work environment for staff, residents and visitors.
- Provide coverage at the Reception Desk in monitoring entry and exit of staff, residents and visitors; answering and directing, as appropriate, telephone calls; and completing other administrative duties as requested by supervisors
- Assist in monitoring compliance with fire and other safety regulations related to the facility.
- Assist in addressing and following up on any incidents related to security or safety within the facility, providing emergency response and crisis management help as needed.
- Ensure timely and appropriate completion of all log and incident documentation required by supervisors in recording security and safety issues/incidents.
- Assist with resident programs, as needed. Complete light housekeeping tasks, when directed.
- Minimum of six months prior experience working in a residential setting.
- Minimum of high school diploma (or GED).
- Strong oral communication skills and fundamental writing competency required.
- Ability to think and act calmly in emergency situations required.
- Experience working with people with disabilities highly desirable.
Please visit BFL’s website at http://www.bflnyc.org/about-us/employment/
Click the appropriate link on the page and enter your information online.