NYC Service Seeks NYC Civic Corps Members
About NYC Civic Corps
The NYC Civic Corps is an AmeriCorps program run by NYC Service. The program unites a diverse group of professionals to serve full-time with partnering organizations, working to increase their organizational capacity to engage volunteers and build sustainable volunteer initiatives.
NYC Civic Corps members have attained a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and bring a diversity of skills and backgrounds. Corps members range in age from young professionals to mid-career professionals to retirees, representing a wide variety of work experience and industries with advanced degrees in business, law, social work, architecture, and more. NYC Service matches NYC Civic Corps members to host organizations based on the needs of the organization and the interests and skills of the Civic Corps member.
The 2012-2013 program year will run from October 1, 2012-August 9, 2013.
Applicant Requirements and Responsibilities
Any individual who applies to be a member of the NYC Civic Corps must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree (or expect to complete one by October 1, 2012) and be willing to provide a transcript to verify the completion of the degree
- Submit to a background check by the Office of the Mayor and NYC Service, pursuant to AmeriCorps regulations.
- Attend NYC Civic Corps Orientation, to be held October 1-4, 2012
- Be willing and available to serve full-time (40+ hours/week) for ten months
- Understand that the stipend for NYC Civic Corps service is $1,270 per month before taxes
- Understand that health benefits will be provided to NYC Civic Corps members
Applicants will be asked to certify that they meet the criteria listed above when completing the application.
Note to Applicants
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until August 3, 2012. Promising candidates will be invited to interview in New York City, and notified of their decision status thereafter. NYC Service will coordinate phone interviews for candidates who are unable to travel to New York City for an interview. Applicants should contact NYC Service with any questions regarding the application at email@example.com or 212-788-3209.
Click the link to request an application https://a002-oom03.nyc.gov/IRF/Handlers/Campaign/Attachments.ashx?attachmentId=a4f2992d-0953-453a-9ae2-762eed75127f&goback=%2Egde_1867813_member_133251298 .