YAIP Program Assistant Needed
Celebrating over 30 years of nonprofit service to the Washington Heights/Inwood Community, Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation seeks a qualified YAIP PROGRAM ASSISTANT for their Young Adult Internship Program in their Workforce Development Department.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years experience are required (degree requirement will be reconsidered with prior experience in workforce development and/or disconnected young adult programs)
- Experience working with urban young adults (ages 17-24) is strongly preferred
- Superb attention to details and work accuracy, excellent written and verbal communication skills, high level of organizational skills required
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office applications and internet
- Bilingual Spanish/English is required
Duties associated with the position include:
- Performing street outreach, flyering and presentations at businesses, community-based organizations and religious institutions
- Ensure adequate supply of program flyers and forms
- Perform initial intakes with new applicants
- Assist with the gathering of timesheets from worksites
- Responding to telephone inquiries
- Entering new applications into online system with complete accuracy
- Attending program/staff meetings
All full-time positions are competitive in salary and complemented with four weeks of paid vacation, health, life and dental insurance, long term disability, employee assistance program, employer contribution 401(k) and other generous time-off benefits.
To apply, send resume/cover letter (with position in subject line) to EMPLOYMENT@NMIC.ORG. NMIC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
For more available positions at Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation go to http://www.nmic.org.