National GEM Consortium Fellowship Program
GEM’s fellowship programs span the entire recruitment, retention, and professional development spectrum. GEM’s principal activity is the provision of graduate fellowships at the MS and Ph.D. levels coupled with paid summer internships. GEM also offers programming on the importance of graduate school and tools for access and successful matriculation.
MS Engineering Fellowship Program: The objective of this program is to promote the benefits of a masters degre within industry. GEM Fellows are provided practical engineering summer work experiences through an employer sponsor and a portable academic year fellowship of tuition, fees, and a stipend which may be used at any participating GEM Member University where the GEM Fellow is admitted. GEM MS Engineering Fellows receive*:
- $4,000 living stipend per full-time semester up to 4 semesters ($8K per academic year – 3 quarters)
- up to two paid summer internships with a GEM Employer Member
- full tuition and fees provided by a GEM University Member
*The GEM Member University will provide a financial contract at the time the GEM Fellowship is confirmed per this recommended distribution of the GEM Employer contribution.
Under-representation: Candidates are targeted for participation who are members of the following under-represented groups in science and engineering as defined by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- American Indian/Native
- African American/Black
- Hispanic American/Latino
Citizenship: Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident at time of application.
GRE: Applicants are strongly encouraged to take the GRE to qualify for multiple GEM Member University programs. Applicants will be asked to provide test dates and/or GRE scores when available.
MS Engineering Program Applicants:
- must be a senior, or graduate of an accredited engineering or computer science program at the time of application.
- must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8/4.0.
- must contractually agree to intern for two summers with sponsoring GEM Employer.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 15TH