Junior Peer Educator Positions w. the NYC Healthy Relationship Training Academy
Here are some quick questions:
- Do you want to help your peers learn about dating violence and healthy relationships?
- Are you interested in peer education?
- Do you enjoy working with a team and have a go-getter attitude?
- Are you a fast learner and able to communicate effectively?
- Do you want to meet other young people throughout the five boroughs of NYC?
- Are you between the ages of 17 and 22 and legally able to work in the U.S.?
If you answered YES to all of these questions, this might be a great position for you!
About the position and requirements:
- Peer education about dating violence and healthy relationships
- Educators travel to a variety of locations throughout the city to facilitate 90-minute sessions with groups of 10-40 young people ages 11-24
- Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and 22 and able to work in the U.S.
- Part-time (4-10 workshops/month, depending on availability)
- Paid ($20/workshop and $10/hour for meetings)
- 30 hours of training will take place July 30 – August 9 (mandatory!)
- No experience necessary, but must be willing to learn!
Interested candidates must submit a completed application along with a current resume. Applications are due Friday, June 15, 2012. The application can be found by copying and pasting the following link into your URL browser: http://www.nyc.gov/html/ocdv/downloads/pdf/junior_peer_educator_position_description_and_application_summer_2012.pdf , and can also be found on the website: www.nyc.gov/domesticviolence/academy
This is an exciting, yet competitive opportunity. Candidates are encouraged to answer the essay questions fully and carefully!
*Information provided by R. Pessoa