- Office of the President
If interested, please see here for additional information:
Deadlines vary so don’t delay!
RWJF is an equal opportunity employer.
Analyst, Strategic Research
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO)
Forbes: Ranked one of the 200 Best Small Companies
Vault.com: Listed among Top 50 Consulting Firms
Modern Healthcare: “Best Places to Work”
Finalist, Washington Business Journal’s Business Philanthropy Awards
Modern Healthcare: Listed among the Largest Healthcare Management Consultants
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a global research, consulting, and technology firm helping hospital and university executives to better serve patients and students. They provide strategic guidance, actionable insights, web-based software solutions, and comprehensive implementation and management services. They combine the analytical, managerial, and technological expertise of its 2,000+ employees around the world with insights from the on-the-ground experience of their network of 125,000 leaders at 3,200 health care and higher education member organizations to find solutions to their partners’ most pressing challenges.
The current opportunity is based in Washington DC.
About the Position:
Strategic Research Analysts work in teams on custom research engagements to address key challenges or opportunities facing specific hospital members. Building on the Advisory Board’s vast knowledge and expertise, engagement teams provide strategic guidance to directly support hospital decision-making. Recent engagements have focused on the following topics: evaluating market differentiation tactics for cardiac surgery, defining programmatic growth platforms for stroke care, crafting a strategic vision for a digestive health center, designing a framework to better conceptualize cancer care pathways, and launching a revenue growth strategy for orthopedic services. Analysts are actively involved throughout the engagement cycle—from conception, to research interviews, to analysis and creation of presentation materials. Working in teams provides analysts the opportunity to learn from peers and to take on more challenging responsibilities as they develop in their role.
Analysts are expected to work on multiple engagements simultaneously and to accomplish the following objectives:
- Lead custom research intended to solve hospital problems related to strategic planning and growth
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously in both individual and team settings
- Collaborate with manager to develop strategic recommendations on an institution-by-institution basis
- Conduct data analytics and financial modeling to identify business solutions
- Conduct in-depth interviews with senior healthcare executives
- Document and analyze findings from primary and secondary research
- Reduce member challenges to root cause problems
- Identify and critique best practice strategies and solutions
- Develop innovative frameworks for presentation of findings
- Contribute to creation of presentation materials
As analysts become more experienced, they assume broader responsibilities, including management of member relationships, providing “thought leadership” and creativity, and serving as “in-house experts” on various topics.
The analyst position offers significant growth and rapid promotion potential, as well as opportunities to take on other roles within our growing firm. The Advisory Board is a true meritocracy, with pace of advancement within the firm based on an analyst’s performance, capabilities and ambition.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Minimum three months of related work or internship experience
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Analyzing business issues
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Creating slides in Microsoft Power Point
- Conducting database analytics in Excel
- Demonstrated interest in health care
- Experience managing discrete projects independently with ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, in both oral and written formats
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Experience with creative, solution-oriented problem solving
- Experience working on the clinical or business sides of health care
Benefits: Consistent with their belief that their employees are their most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.
An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
If interested, please reach out to Caitlin Visek at email@example.com.
If you are interested in teaching in Hong Kong, this is an opportunity that you cannot let pass. The Hong Kong Education Bureau is looking for 20 native-English speaking teachers to teach in secondary schools throughout Hong Kong. The annual salary ranges from US$37,200 to US$87,000 depending on teaching experience and qualifications.
Each teacher will be provided with a monthly housing allowance, as well as entry and exit reimbursed airfare. In-person interviews will be held in Toronto, Canada, and New York, USA.
Position Start Date: August 16th 2014
In-person interviews: Toronto Feb 24-28 and New York March 3-7
Duration of Contract: 2 years
Schedule: Monday – Friday
REGISTER TODAY at http://www.mimcollegetrip2.eventbrite.com/
Must bring or write out permission slip and get it signed by your parent/guardian.
Free bus to meet at the corner of Bainbridge and East 210th Street in the Bronx at 8:30am. Bus will return by5pm. For directions, please visithttp://www.hopstop.com/
The Margaret E. Mahoney Fellowship program provides stipends for outstanding medical, dental, public health, public policy and graduate nursing students to conduct summer research projects on some aspect of health care delivery transformation for vulnerable populations and/or early childhood health and development, with an emphasis on policy implications. Fellows are also required to participate in a variety of leadership development activities. The New York Academy of Medicine administers the program, which also includes seminars on the policy-making process and leadership development, as well as conversations with esteemed health leaders.
In 2014, NYAM expects to award six Fellowships. Fellows will receive a stipend of $4,500, payable in two installments: 2/3 at the beginning of the program and 1/3 upon review of their final reports. No support for indirect costs or laboratory expenses is provided. Up to $500 may be available to Fellows to reimburse certain program-related expenses for which receipts are submitted.
Deadline is March 1, 2014.
For more information and to apply, visit New York Academy of Medicine- Margaret E. Mahoney 2014 Fellowship.
NIH/National Cancer Institute (NCI): Accepting applications for the Health Communications Internship Program (HCIP)
The National Cancer Institute (NCI), the largest of the 27 institutes and centers comprising the National Institutes of Health (NIH), is the Federal Government’s principal agency for cancer research and training. The NCI coordinates the National Cancer Program, which conducts and supports research, training, health information dissemination, and other programs with respect to the cause, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of cancer, rehabilitation from cancer, and the continuing care of cancer patients and the families of cancer patients.
The HCIP gives highly qualified graduate students and recent graduate degree recipients the opportunity to participate in vital health and science communications projects in one of the many offices that make up the NCI. Interns will select an area of emphasis: health communications or science writing. Six-month and one-year internship terms are offered.
The NIH main campus is located in Bethesda, Maryland. HCIP interns are placed in offices located in Bethesda or Rockville, Maryland. Both locations are accessible via public transportation.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications to be considered eligible for the HCIP:
- US Citizen or US permanent resident (Alien Registration number is required for US permanent residents).
- Currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate of, graduate school. If a recent graduate, graduate degree must have been awarded no more than two years prior to application deadline.
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (minimum) for applicants who have not yet received a Master’s degree.
- Some science background and experience and/or education.
HCIP interns work full-time (40-hours per week) from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, with a 30-minute lunch break. Changes in schedule must be approved by the intern’s supervisor.
HCIP interns are paid a monthly training stipend through a Cancer Research Training Award (CRTA). The amount of your monthly stipend will be based on your undergraduate GPA, your highest earned degree, and your relevant post-degree experience. You will earn exactly 1/12 of your annual stipend rate per month.
Deadline is March 4, 2014.
For more information and to apply, visit NCI HCIP.
Are you a college freshman or sophomore?
Do you know a college freshman or sophomore?
Well, good news! Applications to the Summer Medical and Dental Education Program are now being accepted.
- Academic enrichment in the basic sciences and quantitative topics
- Learning-Skills Development-including study skills and methods of individual and group learning
- Clinical exposure through small-group clinical rotations and full-group clinician seminars. This is limited to 5% of program time for all the sites
- Career development, including the exploration of the medical and dental careers, other health professions and an individualized education plan to identify other appropriate enrichment activities
- Financial planning workshop and health policy seminars
Students will receive FREE room and board AND a stipend.
The program is located in 12 sites, nationally.
Deadline: March 1, 2014
For additional information and to apply, visit www.smdep.org.